|Posted on June 22, 2011 at 12:40 AM|
6th Grade Expectations
1. Increasing the ability to FOCUS on the task at hand.
2. Developing LISTENING SKILLS. Students now learn to take dictation.
3. Taking RESPONSIBILITY. Learning to bring work and materials to and from home.
4. INDEPENDENCE and INITIATIVE to go beyond what is barely necessary.
5. Completing work within an allotted TIME FRAME. This requires getting started immediately and staying on task.
6. Learning to read and FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. This will lead to becoming successful learners.
7. There is an INCREASED PACE in the 6th grade. Some students have difficulty at first, but all are expected to adjust. The pace increases with each following grade.
8. HOMEWORK is to be done at assigned times. We expect 100% participation and cooperation. NO EXCEPTIONS!
9. Because this can be a year of adjustments, we ask that parents not over-load their child with extra curricular activities at the start of the school year.
10. We also ask that parents allow students to have some home responsibilities to develop habits that can carry over into schoolwork.
11. If we exclude a student from a field trip, or some other special activity, it is to impress upon each child that there are consequences for not living up to their responsibilities.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION- I always welcome Parent Conferences. Just make a request for mornings between 8: 00am and 8:15 am or after school between 3:15 and 3:30pm. In between that we must devote our time to our classes.